The Location of my Short Film
Today I went to the location where I thought the opening scene could be, after visiting I realised that my plan would have to change slightly, I will have to use the tunnels on the right, rather than the left side which was where I was thinking of doing it at the beginning.
| RIGHT SIDE |
The reason why I have decided that it can't be on the left side is because the drone wouldn't be able to come out of the tunnel and go upwards. The picture above is the right side of the tunnels where there is room for my drone to come out of one of the tunnel arches and fly up where the title of the film will be written.
Firstly the picture on the left is of where I think I might have the title of the film written when my drone gets to the appropriate level. I really like this feature of the location because I think it is perfect to show the title, its got a dramatic, 'action like' jungle feel with the whole building overgrow with various plants. Personally I think that a unknown location creates suspense and a area like this is probably unknown to most people, I also think that the whole building style and vegetation makes for a foreign, tropical and exciting area to get the audience engaged to the film. The second picture in the middle is of the possible tunnel I may use in my open video, I think that this tunnel will be fine because there is a nice amount of plants surrounding the area yet it has enough space for my drone to fly up. The last picture on the right is of where I was planning to shot the opening scenes but now realise that it is too overgrown to fly my drone there.
![]() |
| TUNNELS |
I also looked at another location to film the opening, this location is by the entrance to Stover School. It has a lot of tall trees and enough space to fly the drone. The down side is that there isn't any tunnels or anything that looks like a tunnel there and I need a tunnel for the beginning of my video. There also isn't anywhere to show the opening to the film so I decided not to film the opening there. Lastly I don't like this location because it is very relatable to many people that will view it and that will destroy its realistic style. Here are some picture of the location I decided not to use:







No comments:
Post a Comment