Thursday, 20 November 2014

Brain Storm for my Short Film

So to start with i just thought up a story board for a possible opening to a action film, the image below is the story board I made. I thought that to make if look professional I should use a film studio 'introduction video', I then I used the feature from The Bourne Legacy of seeing a dead body but then to find out that they are actually alive.



My plan for this opening to a film is to have some dramatic, slow tempo music with a extreme close up shot of the actor lying with his eyes closed, then a quick shot of a hedge moving and then back to the extreme close up but then with his eyes suddenly open.I decided on this thought of this idea because I think that it will engage the audience straight away and won't be tedious and slow, the action starts from the very first second. I have also decided that I would like to film this first thing in the morning, firstly so it is realistic and secondly because it will give my a chance to be more creative with my shots.  Then the next shot is a shot from inside the tunnel with the actor reloading a hand gun, the camera will be on a slider for this shot. I think that this shot would be important because it's the first shot of the actors whole body, it's the first time the audience sees a full body shot of the main character. i also would like to use a slider to make it more dynamic shot. Then another full body shot but straight in front of the actor with his gun in his hand, the actor will be looking straight through the camera, then the camera will move backward and then upwards, whilst still moving backwards. The camera will be on a drone for this shot to get the backwards and upwards movement of the camera. Then when the camera is high enough, still with the actor in the frame, the title of the film will appear on the top of the wall above the actor. Then the actor will leave the tunnel with a shot of the actor stepping over the camera, then the actor will make it to the thick forest. There will then be a over the shoulder shot of him pushing his way through the thick forest. this is effective becuase i think it would give the audience the perspective of the characters.  The last shot will be on a tree, the actor will walked under a branch holding it tight to keep his balance, shaking the branch and when the actor is out of frame and the branch stops shaking, the actor's name will be on top of the branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment