Sunday, 8 March 2015

Evaluation Question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?

From my research I found that my film I looked into attracted their audience using multiple techniques, the obvious one is through their storyline, I tried to use this in my own work, I thought of a short scenario of a man for is in a old abandoned building, the audience will then be watching the film flowing the character through his journey and mission. Also three of my five films I looked into used props to engage the audience. The Bourne Legacy use some sort of red capsule, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol use quite a lot of guns in just 2 minutes and The Hurt Locker use a robotic remote controlled vehicle that really engaged the audience because they thought that this machine was going to discover a bomb. In my film I used a gun to draw attention and I even made the character reload to gun to emphasis that he has it in his hands.

One of the first things I considered was my target audience. My target audience was 12+, I thought this gave me a wide audience to target. I suppose that my film was from a 16 year old boys POV because very decision was made by myself, although I did consider my audience and how I could engage them with my film. I attract and draw my audience I used certain enigma code to make the audience focus on what was helping, the audience are introduced to a unfamiliar location and they didn't know what was going to happen next. Also when the character first appeared in the film the audience didn't even know if he was a live or died so it was very tense and mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment