Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Test Shots

I decided that it would be sensible to take some test shots of the opening scene. I tried many shots using the drone and other shots from inside the tunnels which was very technical because I had to get the aperture, exposure and ISO right. Here are some of the shots I took:


Obviously there are many improvements that I can make with these video, which is why I decided to do them in the first place. Apart from the use of the drone all the these shots were taken handheld, so any problems with shaky video isn't a issue because for the real shots I will be using either a steadicam, tripod or slider. 

So starting with the close up shots of the actor I have noticed that it is a little too dark for my liking. Although it's in a dark area I would like the audience to be able to see the actor's face and the shock of him opening his eyes.

I think that for the shot of the bush moving in the wind should be taken on a slider because without one the shot is very boring and amateur. At the same time I do not want to make it confusing so I have decided that the shot will be taken from the position of the actor, then hopefully I will be seen from the POV of the character.

I was quite happy with the outcome of the shots of the actor getting up and cocking his gun. I think that the light looked good, just the actor in the light and him looking out into it with everything else in darkness. Although in for the final shots I will be using either a slider or tripod to give it that more refined look and feel. Lastly I will definitely use accurate sound effects for the cocking of the gun, me doing it in the video was just to get a picture of what it would be like.

For the low angled shot I will definitely be using a slider to get that dynamic look on the stinging natal and to get it as low to the ground as possible because the tripod wouldn't get low at all and the steadicam is just the wrong mount to use for this shot. I think i might make this shot last longer because I really liked the look of the natal moving after the actor had walked past it.

Now the shot of the actor coming out of the tunnel and going through the bush. I thought this shot was good because of the changing of the focus but like all the shots, it was shaky. I think that I'll have to spit this shot up in to two, the first half using a tripod and the second half using a steadicam to get the over the shoulder shot and the follow cam shot.

The shot of the branch isn't very good at all, I wont use this location or the camera angle. I will still use the branch idea to show the actors name.

Lastly the shots with the drone. I was happy with the result of these shots but there was a lot to improve on, firstly the front lights on the drone will need to be covered so that they don't show in the shot. Secondly I will have to make the drone fly out in a way that it can show the title of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment