Tuesday, 9 December 2014

My Chosen Actor

For my video I only have one character, which is obviously only one actor, which makes the whole video less complicated. His name is Victor Yakovlev and I believe he is the right person for the job, although this may be stereotyping, I think he has a combat/mysterious face which is perfect for the genre of the video(action/thriller). I have also considered other actors such as York So and Richard Taylor but I thought that there did not suit the character very well. I thought that it would be good to go against the stereotype and use a girl as the main, 'hero', action character but then realised that Victor is more keeping to the genre.
VICTOR YAKOVLEV

RICHARD TAYLOR
YORK SO







Character's Costume
This video is hopefully very suspenseful and I would want the audience to be engaged constantly. To make sure that the video is kept tense I must think about my costume appropriately, at first I was thinking about military camouflage gear, camo trousers, camo jacket, etc. Then I thought that this would bring the viewer to a sudden understanding and the tense would drop because they now know that this character is some sort of solider. So I thought about something which would hold the tension and still keep the audience hocked because once they were introduced to this character they would want to know who he was and why he was in this situation. My final decision for Victor Yakovlev's costume is:

JACKET: Something in the area of a trench coat or duster coat in black.

TROUSERS: Chinos or Chords, in a dark cream/brown colour.

SHIRT: A normal white shirt.

TIE: Whatever tie is available to use.

SHOES: Casual fashionable shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment